Senior Associate, UK politics and policy
Global Counsel is seeking a Senior Associate to join our London office to support our UK politics and policy practice on a 6-month basis.
This role provides the opportunity to work across a broad range of UK public policy and political issues for a wide range of clients, including corporates in the FTSE 100, the Fortune 500 and significant investors.
The successful candidate will have at least three years’ relevant experience, either in the British political system, a similarly rigorous business advisory/consultancy or think tank, and/or experience of working in a Government Relations team. You will need an appetite for developing knowledge, networks, and skills in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment.
Role and responsibilities
- Research and draft analytical reports and presentations for clients.
- Help draw up rapid analysis of set-piece political events such as budgets and major policy announcements.
- Actively contribute to business development meetings and preparing GC colleagues for client presentations and conference speeches.
- Contribute to GC’s house view on relevant policy developments.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and a wider network of businesses and policymakers at senior levels.
- Support business development by identifying potential clients, contributing to pitch processes and proposing business development outreach campaigns.
- Participate in GC marketing campaigns that contribute to live policy debates, taking responsibility for helping to deliver events policymakers and writing content for the GC blog.
Skills and profile
This role is likely a good fit for candidates with:
- At least three years’ experience of providing strategic and evidence-based advice on public policy in government, consultancy or corporate environments. Experience of business, planning, transport and/or industrial policy is particularly welcome.
- Attention to detail and attentiveness to political and policy developments.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
This is a full-time, six month fixed-term contract role based in London but with a mix of remote working given the ongoing impact of covid-19 on office-based work. Salary and other benefits are competitive and dependent on experience.
Although this is a fixed-term contract, Global Counsel is a growing company and is open to discussing a permanent role upon the completion of the initial term with the right candidate.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.