Associate, Global Macro
Global Counsel is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Associate to join its growing Global Macro practice, supporting clients in a wide range of sectors, with a focus on delivering strategic advice on macroeconomic, geopolitical and country-level trends and risks. The successful candidate will have experience applying economics skills in a professional environment, and a proven interest in policy or political developments in emerging markets. The role will be based in GC’s London office, although remote working may be required initially during the pandemic.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver research, analysis and advice for clients on macroeconomic and political developments, with a focus on emerging markets in Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
- Conduct quantitative analysis and develop data visualisation.
- Provide research support for a wide range of projects in sectors such as financial services, energy and natural resources, consumer goods, sports and entertainment, and emerging technologies.
- Maintain and develop GC’s datasets of macro and country risk indicators.
- Produce written content, including policy papers, monitoring dashboards and marketing material.
- Support business development by researching potential clients.
- Degree in economics or related field (political science, international relations, regional studies) with strong economics component
- First-hand experience working on emerging markets in an international policy or research environment, for example in government, international institutions, think tanks or economic research firms.
- Ability to synthesise information clearly and succinctly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Foreign languages a plus.
- Right to work in the UK.
This role is available immediately.
Hours – full time.
Location - based in London, although remote working may be required initially given the ongoing impact of covid-19 on office-based work.
Competitive. Dependent on experience. How to apply
To submit your CV, please visit our careers page at https://www.global-counsel.com/about-us/careersThe deadline for application is 09:00 GMT 7th December.
Suitable candidates will be shortlisted for a screening call. If successful, candidates will be invited to complete a written exercise and panel interview which will likely be held online. To be considered for this role all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
About Global Counsel
Global Counsel helps companies and investors across a wide range of sectors to anticipate the ways in which politics, regulation and public policymaking create both risk and opportunity – and to develop and implement strategies to meet these challenges. Our work is backed up by high quality analytical content and collateral that is politically and economically informed and which builds quickly into executable strategy. Examples of our approach and focus can be found on our website.
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.