Senior Associate - International Trade and Investment (Doha)
Global Counsel is seeking a Senior Associate to support our work on international trade and investment in our new Doha office. We are looking for a motivated and capable individual with 3+ years of experience in international trade and investment, either in government, consulting or elsewhere in the private sector. An ideal candidate might have direct experience working on investment or international corporate strategy in the Middle East. All candidates should be ambitious, comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and excellent communicators.
Role and responsibilities
- Analysing global and regional trade and investment dynamics and trends in corporate strategy and supply chain structuring.
- Researching opportunities for attracting inward investment and for pitching tailored proposals to inward investors in a wide range of sectors.
- Identifying opportunities and producing powerful collateral for engagement with senior executives and policy makers on regional trade and investment issues.
- Providing research support for a wide range of sector specific projects including energy, manufacturing and tech
- Experience in government, consulting or elsewhere in the private sector, including some first-hand experience in trade and investment policy or promotion, or international corporate strategy in the Middle East.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills in English. Foreign languages a plus, especially Arabic.
- Project management experience and evidence of having delivered professional work to tight deadlines.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
- A degree in business, economics, political science, or international relations with a focus on international trade and investment issues.
- Availability to travel in the region and beyond, potentially on a regular basis.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and benefits, including private health and dental insurance, private pension, a personal training budget, discounts, and a bonus programme.
- The opportunity to work as part of a diverse international team operating from five offices globally, with a wide range of policy specialisms and professional backgrounds.
- Enviable office locations designed for collaboration, extensive support for remote working where necessary and opportunity for international travel.
How to apply
- Please submit your CV and cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role, for consideration by 14 May 2021 through the web form below.
If you have questions or require further details about the role, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.