Freelance Consultants - German politics and policy
We are seeking to recruit freelance consultants with expertise in German politics and policymaking to support our teams in Brussels, London and Washington DC on a temporary, project-by-project basis.
Topics of focus will depend on our clients and can vary widely, from financial services to public services, technology, trade policy, media, telecoms, energy, sustainability or natural resources. However, there will be a common theme of providing evidence-based insights into political trends and policymaking processes in Berlin and Lȁnder capitals, primarily for domestic policy but also Germany's role in the EU and international institutions.
Role and responsibilities
Working closely with our in-house experts, some of whom have a background in German politics, the successful candidates will inform and support Global-Counsel's strategic advisory services for investors and corporate clients through:
- Undertaking desk research on individual policy proposals and wider political agendas of government departments, political parties, business groups and other stakeholders.
- Interviewing policymakers or other stakeholders on Global Counsel's behalf where needed.
- Contributing to Global Counsel's internal discussions about Germany and German politics, for example as we refine our advice to clients on expectations for post-election government formation in the Autumn.
Skills and profile
- Already providing freelance consultancy services or in a parallel sector such as journalism or looking to move into such a role.
- Strong written English
- Experienced in a specified area relevant to GC's work such a regulated market segment or market in which public policy is an important dimension.
- Well-networked among policymakers, think tanks and political groups in their area of expertise, with high-quality insight and a firm grasp of technical policy.
- Pay per hour or project depending on outputs required.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role, for consideration by 09:00 BST on 31 August 2021 through the web form below.
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.