Senior Associate - Policy and Strategy MENA (Doha)Global Counsel is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Associate to join our Doha office, delivering research and strategic advice on political, policy and regulatory trends and opportunities for clients in a wide range of sectors.
The successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience working on policy analysis and formulation related to the Middle East and North Africa, either in government, consulting or elsewhere in the private sector. All candidates should be ambitious, comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and excellent communicators. The role will be based in GC's Doha office, and working closely with colleagues in London, Brussels, Singapore and Washington DC.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver research, analysis and advice for clients on political, policy and regulatory trends and risks in key markets of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Identify opportunities for investors from economic diversification plans and sector policies especially in tech, manufacturing and energy, and monitor investment trends and corporate developments.
- Provide research support and lead on a wide range of sector and issue specific projects and assist in managing client relationships.
- Draft notes, proposals and briefing to support engagement with clients, senior executives and policy makers.
- Support a programme of events designed to secure maximum impact for Global Counsel and our clients.
- Support and lead business development initiatives of Global Counsel's growing Doha office.
- Experience in government, international organisations, consulting or elsewhere in the private sector, working on policy issues related to the Middle East and North Africa.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Foreign languages a plus, especially Arabic.
- Project management experience and evidence of having delivered professional work to tight deadlines.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
- A degree in business, economics, political science, or international relations, preferably with a focus on the MENA region.
- Availability to travel in the region and beyond, potentially on a regular basis.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and benefits, including private health and dental insurance, private pension, a personal training budget, discounts, and a bonus programme.
- The opportunity to work as part of a diverse international team operating from five offices globally, with a wide range of policy specialisms and professional backgrounds.
- Enviable office locations designed for collaboration, extensive support for remote working where necessary and opportunity for international travel.
- If you have questions or require further details about the role, please contact us on [email protected]
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our website form by Monday 20 September at 09:00 - AST.
Successful candidates will be invited to further selection stages.
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.