Associate - Energy - Brussels
Global Counsel was established in 2010. We have developed a wide range of services and capabilities for both corporates and investors. We are a strategic advisory business, helping our clients manage risk and see opportunities in politics, regulation, and public policy.
Our Energy practice provides the opportunity to work for a range of international clients, including some of the most prestigious companies and investors in energy and manufacturing.
This role offers exposure to a wide range of high-profile policy and political issues facing Europe’s energy transition including RePowerEU, “Fit for 55”, alternative energies, natural gas, critical raw materials, and energy sanctions.
- Research and analyse evolving political and regulatory developments on EU energy policy at both the Commission and member state level that affect business, including work on the Renewable Energy Directive, EU sanctions and “Fit for 55”.
- Identify, map, and prioritise key stakeholders across the EU institutional landscape, and provide tactical and strategic advice on advocacy and engagement to clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and a wider network of businesses and policymakers. You will work across different practices and time zones such as London & Washington.
- Support the design and delivery of workshops and events
- Produce original written content, including policy papers, published blogs, progress reports and marketing material, to build your own profile and that of Global Counsel in Brussels.
- Support business development by researching potential target clients.
- You can expect to grow and develop your career.
- We offer competitive salary’s, a generous holiday allowance, and a full package of benefits.
- We encourage learning and offer everyone a personal training budget.
- You will learn from world-class advisors and political experts in a fast-growing firm.
If you have proven experience in public policy and Energy issues either in government, international institutions, think tanks or consultancies - please be encouraged to apply!
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have an equal opportunity to grow, develop, and succeed. This is irrespective of gender, ethnicity, class, religion, age, nationality, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.