Senior Associate - Technology, Media and Telecoms
We are seeking a Senior Associate to support our growing technology, media and telecoms (TMT) practice in London, strengthening our team ahead of an expected increase in UK and European initiatives affecting these industries.
The successful candidate will work across a range of international clients, including some of the most prestigious companies in the sector, as a key member of a dynamic and highly experienced team. The role will focus on digital policy, with a specific emphasis on the regulation of online platforms, and also offers exposure to a wide range of high-profile policy and political issues.
- Manage the delivery of analytical research and monitoring for clients and support development and implementation of advocacy or thought leadership campaigns
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and a wider network of businesses and policymakers at senior levels.
- Contribute to GC’s house view on relevant major political and policy developments, particularly for UK policy towards the digital sector but also wider industrial and competition policy in the UK, EU and internationally.
- Support business development by identifying potential clients, contributing to pitch processes and proposing business development outreach campaigns.
- Participate in GC marketing campaigns that contribute to live policy debates, taking responsibility for delivering TMT events such as breakfast, dinners and roundtables as well publishing policy papers, blogs and reports.
- Act as an active ambassador for Global Counsel at relevant industry and policy events, and invest in developing the skills, expertise and reputation of yourself and others.
- At least three years’ experience of providing strategic and evidence-based advice on public policy in government, consultancy or corporate environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
This is a full-time role based in London but working closely with GC teams in Brussels and with opportunities for work travel.
Salary and other benefits are competitive and dependent on experience