Senior Associate, UK public policy
Global Counsel (GC) is seeking an ambitious Senior Associate to support its growing UK Politics and Policy team in London, strengthening it ahead of an expected increase in UK-based project work.
The successful candidate will work across a range of corporate and investor services clients from the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500, as well as global private equity firms. They will boost the team’s policy analysis with a sharp commercial edge and be ready to take on client-facing tasks from the outset.
- Research and draft analytical reports and presentations for clients.
- Help draw up rapid analysis of set-piece political events such as budgets and major policy announcements.
- Actively contribute to business development meetings and preparing GC colleagues for client presentations and conference speeches.
- Contribute to GC’s house view on relevant policy developments.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and a wider network of businesses and policymakers at senior levels.
- Support business development by identifying potential clients, contributing to pitch processes and proposing business development outreach campaigns.
- Participate in GC marketing campaigns that contribute to live policy debates, taking responsibility for helping to deliver events such as breakfasts, dinners and roundtables with policymakers and writing content for the GC blog.
- Act as an active ambassador for Global Counsel at relevant industry and policy events.
This role is likely a good fit for candidates with:
- At least three years’ experience of providing strategic and evidence-based advice on public policy in government, consultancy or corporate environments. Experience of business, planning, transport and/or industrial policy is particularly welcome.
- Ability to understand and describe the interplay between policy frameworks and political dynamics in one of the following areas: competition policy; regulatory guidelines; state aid rules or similar technical areas of policy.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
- Pension plan
- Health cover
- Maternity/paternity leave