Global Counsel and Palantir Technologies hosted a webinar to consider the next steps the UK should take in realising UK’s Life Sciences vision. The event will also mark the formal release of Palantir’s white paper entitled “A National Technical Framework to Underpin the UK Life Sciences Vision”.
During this discussion, we considered the opportunities for an effective national framework for research and innovation:
- The opportunity for real-world data to transform research and innovation;
- The opportunity to leverage data to speed appraisals and approvals of innovations, whilst ensuring safe monitoring;
- Ensuring all care providers are included in research and can control their data;
- Providing public transparency and the ability for citizens to express preferences on the use of their data;Enabling technological innovations around security and assurance.
- Matthew Swindells, Senior Advisor, Global Counsel (chair)
- Dr Alison Cave, Chief Safety Officer, MHRA
- Professor Martin Severs, former Medical Director and Caldicott Guardian, NHS digital
- Dr Justin Whatling, Managing Director Global Health & Life Sciences, Palantir
- Dr Charles Alessi, Chief Clinical Officer, HIMSS
- Dr Claire Bloomfield, Deputy Director for Value of Data, Centre for Improving Data Collaboration, NHSX